MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Your Favorite Walt Disney World Resort Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Favorite Walt Disney World Resort Hotel

Post by HPCrazy on 2012-02-16, 16:35

We all know the many resort choices available at Walt Disney World Resort. And I'm sure that a majority of us have stayed a several of them. Out of all the Disney resort hotels you've stayed at, what's your absolute favorite?

Mine would have to be Disney's All-Star Music Resort. Yeah it's the second oldest of the three but I forgot how much I loved this place until our 2011 visit (our last stay being here when it was brand new in 1995). The rooms were newly renovated, plus they also have the Family Suites, which are perfect for larger groups looking for a more affordable place on property to stay. It's also centrally located out of the three meaning that if the other bus routes are full at the parks, you can hop on the Music bus (if the wait is shorter) and walk to either Sports or Movies. The pool is also awesome, better than the other two, IMO.

My second favorite is Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, but what puts this under Music and even Sports is the location - the furtherest of the three. What I love about the All-Star Resort section in general is the gigantic icons and theming found around the place. The bus service is incredible and there always seems to be parking available, no matter what time of the day it is. While I had the opportunity to stay at Disney's Pop Century Resort in 2010, I wasn't impressed with the place - the place was too crowded (especially the food court area), harder to find our room and the parking lot was always constantly full forcing us to rely on Disney transportation solely and the risk of losing a prime parking spot. It was also the first time my parents got lost trying to find their way through a Disney resort. Needless to say, Disney's All-Star Resorts win over Pop Century all the way.

Disney's Contemporary Resort is my next favorite under the All-Star resorts. During our 2003 visit, we had originally reserved a room in the North Garden Wing (now replaced with Bay Lake Tower) but due to the Shades of Green Resort being closed for renovations, all the Military guests were forced to occupy the North Garden Wing rooms. So we were upgraded to the Tower at no charge and were able to occupy a room facing the Magic Kingdom. We were able to watch the fireworks one night from our room, the Electrical Water Pageant from both our room and on the beach and walk to and from the park instead of fighting the crowds at the monorail at park closing. The rooms are some of the largest on Disney property as well. If I were to stay at a Disney Deluxe Resort again, this would definitely be the place.

Feel free to tell us about your favorite Disney Resorts and share your experiences and tidbits to newcomers or returning guests who may be planning their upcoming visit.

Admin
Admin

All-American Rewards Points : 652

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite Walt Disney World Resort Hotel

Post by hersheycoaster14 on 2012-02-16, 16:58

Hahaha love this thread idea very creative I'm only going to say two of my favorite cause I could go on and on
I have to say #1 would be allstar sports resort. It's one of the lower class resortes but clean fun and good food. Love everything about it.
#2 caribbean resort. I love everything about it the theme the food the pool but the two rooms that we were staying in we're very dirty and when we asked for the maid they were ether French or Spanish so they didn't no what to clean other than that it was great.
Next that we are staying at is port new Orleans resort.

hersheycoaster14
Family Coaster Level
Family Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite Walt Disney World Resort Hotel

Post by LFCoasterZombie on 2012-02-18, 23:20

I been to Disney a few times when I was younger but I would say my Favorite (s) was the Wilderness Lodge.

My Top 10 Coasters: (Total: 241)
1. Millennium Force at Cedar Point
2. El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure
3. Maverick at Cedar Point
4. Bizarro at Six Flags New England
5. Wicked Twister at Cedar Point
6. Storm Runner at Hersheypark
7. New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas
8. Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure
9. Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point
10. Hydra The Revenge at Dorney Park
LFCoasterZombie